ANDREW E. KING CV01 Titness Cottages, London Road, Ascot, Berkshire, SL5 0PP | 07988 055 987 | email@example.com | @AndrewEKing | https://andykingwrites.wordpress.com/ Profile
I am a well-rounded individual who works well both alone and as part of a team. I enjoy problem solving, pushing myself and meeting new people. My employments and qualifications have given me good communication skills, time management skills and the ability to thrive under pressure. Qualifications
5 x A* at GCSE
7 x A at GCSE
2 x B at GCSE
Politics A level, grade A
English A level, grade B
History A Level, grade B Employment History Field Representative July 2013 – August 2013
APPco Group (on commission)Conducted self in a polite and engaging manner to as many as 100 individuals a day with the aim of persuading them to make monthly contributions to charities from the Children’s Society to Battersea Dogs’ Home, via door-to-door direct sales. Community Fundraiser Intern March 2013 – June 2013
British Red Cross (expenses paid)
Researched, contacted and organized all external fundraising individuals and groups, from scouts to soroptomist international groups, to fundraise for Red Cross Week. Acting as point of contact for collection permits and counting funds. Warwick RAG Volunteering Officer March 2013 – August 2014
Warwick SU (unpaid)
Created a RAGs (Raising and Giving) in Schools programme to promote the ideals of charity and the nuts and bolts of fundraising to children and young adults. Liaised with charities to provide man power for one-off events such as Santa dashes. Assisted rest of committee with other events. Kitchen Porter May 2011 – July 2011
Iain Ganson Ltd. (paid per hour)Washed, dried and organized culinary utensils, dishes, pots and pans. Assisted Chefs in any way required, from fetching food from store cupboards to gutting fish. Temporary Sales Assistant September 2010 – April 2011
Card Factory (paid per hour)
Assisted customers, pushed sales such as stamps, made sure shop floor was tidy, counted floats and operated till. Assistant Tutor September 2005 – September 2012
Kumon (paid per hour)
Assisted children with literacy and numeracy problems, marked homework, liased with parents about the progress of their child. Extracurricular Work/Special Skills
- Member of Philosophy & Literature Student-Staff Liaison Committee
- Floor Representative for Westwood Accommodation Council
- First Aid Trained as of April 23rd 2013
- Former Secretary of Warwick RAG (November 2012 to August 2013)
- Deputy Head Boy of Desborough College, Sept. 2011 – July 2012
- Deputy Comment Editor of the Boar December 2012 to present.
- Most Promising Beginner Warwick Latin and Ballroom Dancer.
- Regular fundraiser for various charities, including but not limited to Meningitis Research, the RPSCA and Practical Action.
Hobbies and Interests
- Social media
- Performing Arts
- Problem solving
- Mrs Linda McVean – Kumon Head Tutor, former employer.
- Jackie Ord – Former Senior Community Fundraiser, British Red Cross
- Dr. Eileen John – course convenor, Warwick University.
Available upon request